Department of Social Sciences (Social Work & Community Development)
Social workers help people solve and cope with problems in their everyday lives. They can also help people develop skills and their ability to use their own resources and those of the community to solve problems.
Skills Obtained from Studying Social Work and Community Development
- Assess the effect of their facilitation and empowering management skills in the holistic context of community development.
- Skills to develop, implement and evaluate program to eradicate poverty and inequality in communities.
- Developing knowledge skills and abilities to support development organizations control principles and procedures.
- Apply development skills to solve problems in various economics, political and social areas.
- The students will be able to identify people and communities in need of help.
Skills to maintain case files and records.
- Clinical social work.
- Mental health social worker.
- Social work administrator.
- Child welfare.
- Community Based Organizations.
- Artisan, Mean Grade E. Duration: 2 Trimesters
- Craft, Mean Grade D-. Duration: 3 Trimesters
- Certificate, Mean Grade D Plain. Duration: 4 Trimesters
- Diploma, Mean Grade C-. Duration: 7 Trimesters