Department of Health Sciences (Perioperative Theatre Technology)
Is a program that develops individual competencies for one to provide services in an operation theatre set –up in a hospital. It equips trainees with the required knowledge on how to provide support tom patients in recovery.
Skills Acquired in Perioperative Theatre Technology
- Ability to prevent nosocomial infections.
- Ability to provide technical services to the theatre team.
- Professional handling of theatre instruments.
- Participating in the provision of clinical services in the operation theatre.
- Preparation of operating theatre room
Scopes in Perioperative Theatre Technology Field Opportunity
- Certificate, Mean Grade D Plain
- Diploma, Mean Grade C-