Department of Appied Sciences (Science Laboratory Technology)
A program that focuses on chemical and biological experiences that cover various applications in biology, biochemical, water, environment, forensic, petrochemical, and agricultural sciences areas.
Skills obtained from studying Science Laboratory Technology
- Use of biological tools, chemistry tools and physics tools correctly in techniques including understanding the routines of an industrial laboratory.
- Prepare accurate laboratory reports as well as laboratory record work.
- Understanding the general ecological interrelationships of organisms.
- Understanding plants, animals in terms of their care breeding, diseases affecting them.
Career Prospects in Science Laboratory Technology
- Laboratory technician.
- Chemical technician.
- Clinical laboratory scientist.
- Nuclear medicine technologist.
- Certificate, Mean Grade D Plain. Duration: 7 Trimesters
- Diploma, Mean Grade C-. Duration: 4 Trimesters